Monday, March 30, 2009

More of that white stuff

I must admit, I've started to miss the spring season. We just don't seem to quite get it here. Just as everything starts to pop up or bud out it snows again. This isn't so accommodating for early gardens, but I'm trying my hand at starting everything inside this year. Due to the lingering cold weather, we spend a lot of days drawing and working at the table. Thankfully, Simeon has picked this up with a vengeance. He would spend hours at it if I let him and some days he does, so he's getting really good at writing.
Still the all time favorite past time. Holding the baby sister.

I sent Simeon in to get dressed by himself today and he came out wearing this. I thought it was picture worthy. Especially when I found him in the bathroom brushing his hair, and then he asked me, "Do I look handsome mom?" "Veeeery handsome my little man."
On that note I need to share some of the latest quotes by Simeon Landis. He just says the greatest things.
We finally found a young gal to watch our children once in a while for us to go out. Anyway, we came home the other night and she was saying by to the kids. Simeon says, "I love you and next time you come I'll give you a box.. or something." This made me laugh.
Another great one was when we were watching a movie the other night and Simeon was watching with us. I had the clicker in case I needed to censor anything, and sure enough there was a little kissing scene. Without realizing it I quietly said, "uh oh" and then fast forwarded through it. Then I asked Simeon a little bit about it and told him what was going on. To my amusement, a while later there was another scene where kissing began and Simeon turned to me and said, "Is it an uh-oh mama?"
Maybe one had to be there for it to be funny, but Simeon makes me laugh out loud.

No comments: